Safety and delicious beef from Yonezawa
With a history of over 50 years, we are proud of our trust and efforts.
- Yonezawa Meat Corporation Co., Ltd.
- 5379-15 Katako, Bansei-cho,Yonezawa City, Yamagata, Japan 992-1125
- President Michio Hisakabe
- August, 1964
1. Meat slaughter treatment
2. Management of Yonezawa Beef carcass auctions
3. Processing and sale of beef/pork carcasses and cut meat
4. Processing and sale of internal organs and by-products
5. Storage refrigerated and frozen meat
6. Manufacture and sale of dressed meat products
7. Manufacture and sale of processed meat products
In order to realize the promotion of livestock farming and modernization and fair trade of fresh meat distribution, the general meat center was planned to be established as part of the Okitama Agricultural Economic Area Development Project based on the Ministry of Agriculture of Japan that develops the production system. Okitama Livestock Industry Corporation was established in August 1964, and we started business.
Since the establishment of the Yonezawa Beef brand with clear definition of production area became more noticeable due to public knowledge of the cattle traceability law etc., we changed our company name to Yonezawa Meat Corporation Co., Ltd. to have the region name, "Yonezawa", in July 2006.
In March 2000, following the amendment of the Enforcement Regulations of the Slaughter Law, Yonezawa Meat Center was renovated, a new sewage treating facility was completed in 2006, and a meat processing facility and a cut meat facility were built in 2010. Thus, we completed the integrated manufacturing system with sanitary superior facilities.
Along with the improvement of international food hygiene standards, we have introduced the sanitary control system based on HACCP standards in all our company's lines since 2017, and we provide hygienic foods.
In addition, we received certification by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare as a facility capable of exporting beef to Taiwan in fiscal 2017.
- Aug. 1964 -
- Founded Okitama Livestock Industry Corporation Ltd., and Kiyomi Endo assumed office as a first president.
- July 1968 -
- Expanded a meat processing facility.
- Oct. 1969 -
- Kazuyosi Yamaguchi assumed office as a president.
- Apr. 1973 -
- Cooperated with JA Gunma Livestock Association (Takasaki Ham Co., Ltd.) and started manufacturing processed meat products.
- June 1978 -
- Yoshimatsu Saito assumed office as a president.
- July 1987 -
- Siryo Abe assumed office as a president.
- May 1991 -
- Gentaro Takahashi assumed office as president.
- July 1991 -
- Increased capital of 45 million yen from 9 agricultural cooperatives in Okitama region and Yonezawa City.
- Oct. 1991 -
- Increased capital of 65.7 million yen from 2 cities and 5 towns of Okitama region, meat farmers, and the livestock merchant associations.
- July 1992 -
- Increased capital of 7 million yen from 9 agricultural cooperatives in Okitama region.
- June 1993 -
- Increased capital of 15.5 million yen from 9 agricultural cooperatives in Okitama region and the livestock merchant associations.
- Nov. 1993 -
- Increased capital of 32 million yen from 3 cities and 5 towns of Okitama region and Yamagata Prefecture.
- May 1995 -
- Mitsuo Uchiyama assumed office as a president.
- May 1997 -
- Hajime Ohira assumed office as a president.
- Apr. 2000 -
- Started operation at the new Yonezawa City Meat Center.
- Mar. 2004 -
- Reduced capital to 100 million yen.
- May 2005 -
- Yoichi Ozaki assumed office as a president.
- July 2006 -
- Changed the company name from Okitama Livestock Industry Corporation Ltd. to Yonezawa Meat Corporation Co., Ltd.
- Jan. 2010 -
- Completed a new meat processing facility.
- Oct. 2010 -
- Completed a new cut meat facility invested by Yonezawa city.
- Feb. 2012 -
- Completed a radioactive material inspection room.
- Oct. 2012 -
- "Maimaiton Tomato pork curry" won the first prize at the Yamagata Furusato Food Competition.
- Mar. 2013 –
- Won the highest prize, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Prize, at the 34th competition of excellent company in food industry, "Maimaiton Tomato pork curry" won the President's Prize at the Food Contest of Japan Food Industry Association.
- May 2013 -
- Michio Hisakabe assumed office as a president.
- Oct. 2014 -
- Completed an internal organs processing facility.
- Nov. 2014 -
- "Tsuyahime Salami" won the Delicious Yamagata Prize (Prefectural Livestock Products Division) at the Yamagata Furusato Food Competition.
- Nov. 2015 -
- "Yonezawa Beef rough grinding sausage" won the Delicious Yamagata Prize (Prefectural Livestock Products Division) at the Yamagata Furusato Food Competition.
- Oct. 2016 -
- Yonezawa Beef salami and rough grinding sausage won the gold prize at the DLG Food Contest organized by the German Agricultural Society.
- Sep. 2016 -
- Introduced the sanitary control system based on HACCP standard into our beef carcass processing line.
- Sep. 2017 -
- Certified as a beef exportable facility to Taiwan by Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan.
- Dec. 2017 -
- Selected by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) as the Driving Company for the regional future.
Capital stock and Capital structure
|Name of shareholder||Number of shares||％|
|Okitama region, 2 cities and 5 towns||1,900||9.5|
|Japan Agricultural Cooperative, Yamagata-Okitama||4,396||22.0|
|South-Yamagata Livestock Merchant Association||300||1.5|
Annual amount of transactions
Number of employees
Names of the officers
- Michio Hisakabe（Academic expert）
- Managing Director
- Yasuhiro Sato
- Board member
- Yutaka Suzuki
- Masaru Nakagawa（Mayor of Yonezawa city）
- Katsuhiko Toyoshima (Director of Industrial Economy, Okitama branch office of Yamagata prefecture）
- Shigeharu Uchiya（Mayor of Nagai city）
- Shunji Harada（Mayor of Kawanishi town）
- Toshikazu Kimura（Representative director, JA Yamagata Okitama）
- Satoru Suzuki（Former managing director, JA Yamagata Okitama）
- Yukiyoshi Wagatsuma（Managing director, JA Yamagata Okitama）
- Hideya Sato（Board chairman, South-Yamagata Livestock Merchant Association）
- Norio Sugano（Director of industry of Yonezawa city）
- Kohei Goto（Mayor of Iide town）
- Hiroo Watanabe（Representative auditor, JA Yamagata Okitama）
- Eiji Sato （Yamagata Bank Yonezawa branch manager）